Explanation of Licensing procedures
Our products require a license to work. One license is valid for one domain or subdomain unless more licenses are purchased.
However, you can use the license on any number of test domains or subdomains.
We allow using any valid license on unlimited Development Instances.
You can use the supplied license key on the website URLs with localhost & IP address without consuming any license.
You can also use the supplied license key on a test domain or subdomain without consuming any license. Domain or subdomain is considered a test instance if it contains any of the strings test or demo in domain/subdomain name.
Examples: mytest.abc.com or demo2.xyz.com or mydemo.com or http://localhost/mywebsite or http://127.0.0.1/mywebsite or http://184.108.40.206/abc
You can use your license on unlimited test domains/subdomains.
This section does not cover the case when there are multiple installations. This case only explains the case where only one installation is available.
In the case of a Multi-store-based setup (multiple online stores being served by a single installation), if you want to use the same license on multiple stores, the stores must be owned by the same person/company. This requires a written undertaking from the customer's side, in a prescribed format. One license covers a maximum of 05 domains/subdomains available in the same installation. For more domains/subdomains, more licenses would be required in the same proportion.
If the stores belong to different businesses, you will need a separate license for every store.
In case an extension explicitly allows multiple domains/subdomains belonging to multiple sellers (called multi-seller-domain extension, like Opencart Multi Vendor extension), they must be served from the same installation and a maximum of 05 domains/subdomains are allowed for one license. For more domains/subdomains, more licenses would be required in the same proportion.
- Having 04 domains/subdomains belonging to the same business being server from the same installation: 01 license is required.
- Having 06 domains/subdomains belonging to the same business being server from the same installation: 02 licenses are required.
- Having 03 domains/subdomains, not belonging to the same business, being served from the same installation: 03 licenses are required.
- For multi-seller-domain extension - 05 sellers are assigned one domain/subdomain each, being served from the same installation: 01 license is required.
- For multi-seller-domain extension - 07 sellers are assigned one domain/subdomain each, being served from the same installation: 02 licenses are required.
Changing domain in the license
One license usually allows operation on one production (non-test and non-demo) domain/subdomain, unless you buy multiple quantities of licenses.
If you have purchased more than 1 quantity of license, you can use the extension on multiple domains, according to license quantity.
If you want to change the domain in your license, it is allowed one time within 6 months of the purchase. Change of license is a manual process and a ticket should be raised in our helpdesk for the same. The domain can be changed for the license only once.