Assigning commission based on product category in Opencart Multivendor

Category commission is another one of the good functionally of purpletree multivendor that allows the admin/seller share from the seller total earnings between them. To set the commissions on seller products based on categories of products which mean admin can set their own rules on seller products. This functionality provides a fair way to apply commission on each seller. Category commission contains some more functionality called fixed commission. If the admin sets a fixed commission on a particular category, then the seller will have to pay the amount other than category commission. In the case in which admin does not apply the category commission for products then apply from Stores if there is not available then apply the global commission.

Category Commission Features:-

  • Category commission: In this type of commission only a percent amount will be deducted from the product base price.
  • Admin can manage category based commissions for seller groups.
  • Admin need to create different user groups and assign sellers into them, and can set different kinds category.
  • To use seller group, need to enable it from purpletree multivendor settings. Select “yes” from dropdown called “Commission from seller group”.

Let's understand with an example:-

  • Let suppose admin has set the 10% of fixed commission on a particular category. Assign some sellers into seller group.
  • Thereafter a customer has bought a product of a seller which is related to the category which is set by admin. The cost of product is $100 USD.
  • Then the admin will deduct the 10% amount from seller’s product which cost is around $10 USD. The only the rest 90% of amount will pay to seller which cost is $90 USD.

Fixed Commission:-

  • Fixed commission is the way to get the fixed amount of commission from the seller on the basis of categories.
  • Fixed + Category Commission: In this type of commission firstly a fixed amount will be deducted from product base price and then a percent amount will be deducted from the remaining price.
  • Fixed Commission: In this type of commission only a percent amount will be deducted from the product base price of product.

Let's understand with an example:-

  • Let suppose admin has set the 5% of fixed commission on a particular category.
  • Thereafter a customer has bought a product of a seller which is related to the category which is set by admin. The cost of product is $100 USD.
  •  Then seller need to pay the amount to admin including fixed commission + category commission which means 10% of category commission + fixed commission the cost is around $15 USD. Then the rest $85 USD will be pay to the seller.