Managing data for bulk product import in opencart
Best feature: Both, Admin as well as the seller can import and export the product data.
Read below how admin and seller can do upload.
- · To Add New Product –
o Filling add_product with Yes.
o product_id will not be real product id. It will be used as serial number to link with other tabs
o Use any valid number as product_id in here.
o General and Data tabs must have same product_id anywhere in the sheet.
o Row 2 and Row 3 shows product to be added in opencart and their real product id will be generated after importing Sheet. 100 and 101 are just acting as a serial number in here.
- · To Update Product -
o product_id must be real in this case.
o Leave add_product column blank.
o If Product Id 102 and 103 product avalibale in opencart only then that product data will be updated.
o Rows with product_id 102 and 103 must be present in General as well as Data Tab.
o Row 4 and Row 5 shows product data to be updated for product_id 102 and 103.
- Row 6 and Row 7 – Leaving product_id blank in General and Data Tabs.
- Row 8 and Row 9 – Leaving product_id blank in General Tab but filling in Data Tab with add_product to blank.
- Row 10 and Row 11 – Leaving product_id blank in General tab but filling in Data tab with add_product to Yes.
- Row 12 and Row 13 – Filling product_id in General tab but leaving blank in Data Tab with add_product to yes or blank
- Row 14 and Row 15 – Leaving product_id blank in General and Data tab but Filling add_product to Yes.